Friday, June 25, 2010

Shall We Begin

Lets start out with the first picture on the backdrop* which is the highly fattening Kentucky Fried Chicken Double Down sandwich. Two highly fattening pieces of fried chicken have cut out the middle man (bread), and have made a quote-unquote real sandwich.

What's a Double Down? In a deeper sense, a Double Down is what make's an angel cry. These aren't happy tears either, so expect no happy tissues, only expect sad tissues. In a very literal sense the Double Down is (as I said above) two piece's of deep-fired chicken as buns.In between the replacement buns is two strips of bacon; sweet, succulent, fried, fat drenched bacon. What else could make this meal better? I'll tell you, it's two slice's of Monterey Jack cheese. Then for an extra kick of angel tear you get some Colon's special sauce. What's in the sauce? Fat, salt, and sadness.

KFC out did themselves with this particular "sandwich", because before this, I felt like a pig eating out of that bowl thing*. I mean using a fork to get my chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, and gravy
was insanity; honest to God I felt like I was being smothered by KFC. Now I can use my hands, and not feel like KFC is controlling my manners. Freedom, that's what the Double Down mostly smells like. Though the down side is, now I don't have mashed potatoes with my chicken. I guess I'll just have to side order that.

One of the best parts about the Double Down was that it was in high anticipation for it before it came out. KFC even put a countdown on there website for the Double Down. It was like the food version of a Harry Potter book; people waited outside of KFC's the Sunday it was released. For food rations while waiting in line, one can only imagine how many Slim-Jim wrappers, and cheap used up Zippo lighters there were left behind.

Have I tried the Double Down? No, and I never plan on it, and if I were you I'd advise you not too either. Though protests like this are pointless, because the damn thing was given a longer running time at KFC, because it sold so good. Next thing you know, we'll be run by KFC... Or Carl's Jr.

*For future reference: the backdrop in this blog will not be changing anytime soon
**If in fact I had ever gotten a bowl, I probably would have felt like a pig, I'm just assuming I'd feel like a pig

No comments:

Post a Comment